Don has been invited to speak to groups large and small across Idaho to discuss media, the social landscape and digital topics. Presentations are diverse, and include City Club of Boise, Idaho Student Journalism Association's "Day of Learning," Oppenheimer Ethics Symposium, Idaho Press Club, Idaho State Broadcasters' Association, Treefort Music Festival and dozens more. A selection appears below.
City Club of Boise
Appeared with noted local thought leaders Jessica Flynn of Red Sky PR and Lisa McGrath of Lisa McGrath LLC to discuss the changing media and social media landscape. Hundreds of civic leaders attended the event - and an edited version aired later on Boise State Public Radio.
Invited to be a speaker at the initial Ignite Boise event. Discussed how his I Wonder series began and is powered by social media.
Oppenheimer Ethics Symposium
Participated in a group panel discussion during the Oppenheimer Ethics Symposium at the Idaho Statehouse. Discussed how media ethics are evolving along with the media itself.
- Leadership Boise - media day - 2016, 2013, 2012, 2008, 2007
- Boise Metro Chamber of Commerce - digital advertising for non-profits - 2015
- Idaho Student Journalism Association Day of Learning - Your Social Media News Audience - 2015
- City Club of Boise - Pioneering the Use of Social Media in Boise - 2012
- Treefort Music Festival - social media for bands - 2012
- Boise Cutters - user generated media - 2010
- Capital City Communicators - social media - 2010
- Social Media Club Boise - social media IN media - 2009
- Idaho Press Club - Internet's impact on media - 2008
- PRSA Idaho - digital news - 2007